5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57157BR Date posted 11/27/City Westford
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
The Information and Intelligence Engineering Group is looking for an Image Scientist interested in the field of “Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance” (ISR). This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden your capabilities while proudly contributing to our unique state of the art imaging solutions. These systems may include multi-spectral electro-optical, hyperspectral, SAR and/or other sensing modalities. As a member of the team, you will learn advanced image processing techniques, develop advanced algorithms and work with innovative system architectures. You will be part of a team ensuring that the image quality and geo-positioning data from our products is second to none. There will be opportunities to support test flights and experimental designs. The successful candidate will have a sufficient image science background to understand image processing chains and basic concepts impacting geo-positioning accuracy.
* Provide Image Science support to flight tests and operational missions
* Evaluate current and potential sensor image quality
* Design and develop image and meta-data processing algorithms
* Prototype algorithms in Matlab or IDL
* Create documentation to support design and development
* Working knowledge of Linux operating system
* Proficient with Matlab and/or IDL for scientific programming and data processing
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
* Ability to multi-task
* Familiar with SOCET GXP software
* Familiar with ENVI software
* Knowledge of photogrammetry and geo-location methods
* Knowledge of image systems and associated processing
* Strong Mathematical background
* Strong team player and interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
0 - 2 years of experience
Domestic travel is required, up to 50%.
* BS in Image Science or related field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Optics with applicable concentrations or experience
* MS is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.