26 days ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting all IFE and IFC applications on the Air Canada Fleet. They will review business requirements and specifications as they pertain to IT requirements, assist in development of test scripts to IT standards and ensure that software deployments and upgrades comply with performance, quality and IT security standards. They will work closely with the Corporate Product Design group, Maintenance Engineering, Air Canada IT groups and 3rd party vendors to ensure strict adherence to proper IT methodology.
* Manage the IT relationship with key customers (Commercial), Stakeholders (Maintenance Engineering) as well as third party vendors and contractors.
* Assist key stakeholders in developing requirements which use industry standard best practices.
* Single point of contact for corporate projects which require interfaces between IFE/IFC and other corporate systems.
* Primary IT Branch liaison to Outsourced Service Providers as a single point of contact between the Branch and others, and as an escalation point to resolve issues.
* Investigate, recommend, and implement process improvements as it relates to problem resolution, change management, testing and automation.
* Participate in testing of new releases and fixes delivered by software vendors.
* Monitor the transition of projects from implementation to maintenance.
* Manage, write, and execute test scripts and any functional, UAT, and/or regression testing involving these applications.
* Develop and implement control procedures for promotions of changes to software for IFE/IFC with key stakeholders
* Support projects and initiatives related to area of responsibility.
* Support other IT systems or functions within the Operations IT as required.
* Ensure Air Canada IT standards are communicated to, and adhered to, all vendors and contractors
* Must possess software related degree and/or technical degrees that are consistent with the business area being supported
* Experience with mobility connectivity solutions (Wi-Fi, mobile networks, satellite)
* Avionic or electrical systems background an asset.
* Previous exposure to IFE/IFC solutions an asset.
* Experience with Android, iOS, Web Application Services and API’s would be an asset
* Demonstrated practice of managing software lifecycles including testing, software upgrades, problem management and security assessments
* Highly developed PC skills: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio, MS Project
* Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex problems
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
* Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet strict deadlines.
* Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking.
* Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
* Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including week-ends as required.
* Must be available for travel
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Flight Operations