11 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services is seeking an individual to fill full-time role as an Industrial Electrical Technician, based out of our Denver, CO location.
Job Summary: Install and repair electrical equipment such as switchgear, MCC's, panelboards, variable frequency drives, and control systems.
* Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and the national electric code.
* Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit/pull wiring through conduit.
* Follow schematics or blueprints to install or troubleshoot electrical systems.
* Install and/or troubleshoot motor control systems.
* Connect all cables to equipment and ensure electrical compatibility utilizing testing equipment; such as multimeters and meggers.
* Start-up and test the installed electrical equipment or system.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Electrical and troubleshooting skills.
* Good mechanical skills.
* Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
* Control work helpful.
* Ability to work independently or with a team.
* Ability to work directly with customers.
* 2+ years work experience in the industrial/commercial electrical field.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Good driving record and current valid driver's license.
* Possess and operate own basic hand tools.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
* Regularly life and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Vision abilities required: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability adjust focus.
* Regularly stand, walk, use hands or fingers to feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
* Regularly required to talk and hear.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in confined spaces, and work in high, precarious places.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate based on work location.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken Motor & Crane Services fosters a drug-free work environment.