7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52102BR Date posted 08/07/City Riverside
UTC- Aerospace Systems - Aerostructures, one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer at our Riverside, CA facility on 1st shift (M-F 6:30a.m.-3:00p.m.) with some weekend support based on business need.
Inventory Control, Delivery Assurance, Direct Labor Hour and Capacity Reporting Systems
Site Inventory Control (IC) and Delivery Assurance (DA) include supporting the development and execution of site IC and DA policies, procedures, and tools in support of Materials Management goals, objectives and key initiatives. Key Inventory Control functions include ensuring that all cycle count adjustments are approved and promptly made in SAP, and maintaining all inventory adjustment documentation needed to support cycle count audits. Key Delivery Assurance responsibilities include supporting requisition reviews, the coordination with the Supply Chain Delivery Assurance resource(s) to ensure that the purchase orders are released to support the production schedule. The IC and DA responsibilities include participating in the development and implementation of Line Back Logistics processes, as well as optimizing supplier delivery schedules and quantities. Direct Labor Hour (DLH) and Capacity Reporting responsibilities shall include data collection, data input, preliminary reviews and timely reporting of results of performance to Least Waste Way, established Goals, or existing and planned capacities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Analyze inventory to ensure accurate and optimal levels are maintained, slow moving and obsolete inventory is identified and dispositioned timely and inventory turns objectives are met or exceeded.
* Track and report on key performance indicator data, making recommendations for corrective action to close performance gaps. Analyze and recommend safety stock levels in support of the site Materials Management goals and objectives.
* Analyze and coordinate resolution of discrepancies identified by Finance with regard to supplier invoices; coordinate with Supply Chain Delivery Assurance, as required
* Understand and participate in the implementation of Line Back Logistics strategies for in-bound supplier materials in support of Central Materials Management initiatives, including areas such as vendor managed inventory (VMI), milk runs, Kanban, returnable tote programs, etc.
* Perform and report results for monthly Inventory Cycle Counting audits to assure conformance with Financial Audit Controls. Conduct root cause analysis and corrective actions for part shortages associated with cycle counting inventory accuracy issues
* Maintain and report assigned Materials Management metrics
* Prepare, understand and participate in the presentation of SIOP Supply Review reporting
* Participate in continuous improvement events and activities. Implement lean initiatives that drive out waste and reduce cost in the Inventory and Delivery Assurance arena driving activities like Cell Layout and LWW calculations.
* Understand and maintain the DLH reporting systems that accumulate and summarize the raw data into critical Management reports and tools. Intermediate/Advanced skills and knowledge of MS Excel, including datasets, pivot tables, named ranges, complex formula functions, and charting, is critical. Responsible for modifying, adding, and deleting components of the system as needs dictate, as well as the training and ongoing instruction of users
* Collect, analyze and report DLH per Unit by Value Stream (Product Line) on a monthly basis, or as requested. Conduct deep dive analyses to assist understanding of DLH issues that may arise
* Participate in the annual Site budgeting process, financial reporting processes
* Participate in Continuous Improvement activities that focus on Process Flow, 5S, Standard Work, and the “Triplets” (SWS, SWCS, Percent Loads), with the objective to develop a comprehensive working knowledge of Riverside processes, products, and customers (internal and external)
* Understand the Riverside Major Equipment Capacity systems (both local and corporate templates). Intermediate/Advanced skills and knowledge of MS Excel, including named ranges, conditional formatting, complex formula functions, and charting, is critical. Responsible for modifying, adding, and deleting components of the system as needs dictate
* Collect, analyze and report Riverside Major Equipment Capacity results on a quarterly basis by updating the local information and migrating the results into a common Corporate template. Coordinate the collection of information with all Value Streams and equipment owners. Conduct detailed analyses to understand cause and develop corrective action plans when site capacity is impacted
* A minimum of three or more years of work experience, preferably in a Manufacturing industry; Aerospace manufacturing experience is preferable
* Good problem solving skills and experience in informal/formal leadership roles
* Experience in a high volume buying position
* Experience in UTC ACE, Toyota Production System, Lean Manufacturing
* Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills. Intermediate To Advanced Visual Basic and Macro skills, a plus
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be comfortable with working, at times, in a shop floor environment
* Due to ITAR, all applicants must be a US Person or a current Green Card holder
* BS Degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant field
MS highly desired in Industrial Engineering or relevant field
* APICS CPIM Certification preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.