7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54563BR Date posted 09/29/City Windsor Locks
The UTC Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
Cohort II of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from March 12, 2018 – June 29, 2018
The Industrial Engineer (IE) will execute all aspects of the development, implementation and improvement of integrated manufacturing systems and operations for the UTAS Engine & Environmental Control Systems manufacturing sites in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. IE will be accountable for execution within the established metrics for productivity, process waste elimination, cost reduction, material flow, machine and energy utilization and technology.
• Conduct Time studies and standards assessments
• Provide data analysis to support business metrics/product and production cost baselines and decision making reviews
• Perform metrics reporting and tracking
• Create, develop and update process routings in Solumina / SAP.
• Support capacity analysis.
• Perform variation analysis.
• Support/lead lean transformation
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
- Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
- Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
- Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on March 12-14, 2018
The successful candidate possesses strong communication and teaming skills, analytical thinking skills, results oriented and customer focus. The candidate will also need to be adaptable, a forward thinker and problem solver, and has the desire and ability to work in a team environment but be accountable for deliverables. Must be able to work with Microsoft Office (Advanced level of MS Excel preferred). Decided plus attributes include: Project management skills, ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, ability to develop and check Assembly Instructions, routings and time standards, familiarity with SAP, Visio, Solumina and CAD/CAM software.
Bachelor of Science degree – Industrial, Mechanical or Aerospace engineering disciplines is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.