Company The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1600015947Date posted 09/22/2016
Location Oklahoma CityOklahomaUnited States
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Engineer (Level 3) to support program Global Services & Support Engineer & Boeing Defense Space & Security Product Support (GS&S Engr. & BDS Prod Supp.) - Global Services & Support Modification and Sustainment Aircraft Modernization & Sustainment, Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (GS&S Mod & Sust AM&S ASC2) - Division of Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS).
As an Industrial Engineer (Level 3) you will apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, and analysis decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering, and service operations in support for modification and sustainment on the International Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft fleet including France, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.
In addition, you will apply advanced Industrial Engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements; you’ll research designs, develop, improve, and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for a large scale systems integration and asset utilization in support of the development of program schedules and manufacturing plans.
The successful candidate will report directly to Global Services & Support Modification and Sustainment Aircraft Modernization & Sustainment, Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (GS&S Mod & Sust AM&S ASC2) Manager.
This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Job Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Analyze data to make recommendations that drive decisions for projects or processes.
• Applies advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
• Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure Manufacturing products and services meet contractual and schedule requirements.
• Conduct studies or other work packages within and/or across programs, organizations or manufacturing business units.
• Coordinates with affected organizations to implement the manufacturing plan.
• Identifies long lead parts and activities, special tooling and technology changes required to successfully meet contractual requirements.
• Lead and direct projects including project feasibility, constraints, processes, schedule, cost, and risks.
• Lead strategic initiative projects enabling the ability of the organization to achieve specific goals, and objectives.
• Prioritizes, delegates and tracks performance and documentation of analyses of mechanisms, components and systems selecting appropriate methods to validate or assess the design and maintenance approach.
• Provides analysis of production rates and production development initiatives.
• Researches, designs, develops, improves and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost and improve quality through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
• Support activities involving product development, process improvement, or program initiatives.
• Support proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
• Supports leadership in managing program and organizational activities.
• Trains, coaches and mentors others.
• Utilize Industrial Engineering (IE) and project management skills and principles to develop plans.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Global Services & Support
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Effective writing and communication skills to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
• Experience collecting, organizing, synthesizing, and analyzing data; summarizing findings to develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the work group level.
• Experience creating project schedules to identify time frames for key project milestones, direct and manage more complex project schedules, independently identify project resource requirements, collaborate with others on more complex projects assigned, and assist others in complex large scale projects.
• Experience in process management, performance metrics development, root cause analysis, project management, lean manufacturing, business case analysis, resource forecasting, developing schedules, developing business plans, manufacturing operations support.
• Experience in all aspects of statistical analysis concepts such as normal distribution, standard deviations, mean, probability, and confidence levels.
• Experience leading and directing the activities and resources of assigned projects and support higher graded employees in large scale and complex projects.
• Thorough knowledge in Industrial Engineering process improvement strategies and Lean techniques (e.g., methods analysis, work combination charts, and ergonomics,) to analyze and improve operations.
• Must be able to determine processes used to accomplish goals, properly document processes, support personnel and activities i.e. understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, identify opportunities for synergy and integration, and simplify complex processes.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Occasional business travel may be required.
• This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
• ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Experience using Boeing systems such as DM2000.
• Experience working with Boeing design, production, and build processes to effectively influence product design.
• Experience in an Industrial Engineering role.
• Experience managing or leading a team in an operations discipline such as industrial engineering, tooling operations or other cross functional teams.
• Working knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Operations department/disciplines (e.g., Fabrication, Assembly, Tooling, Quality, and Industrial Engineering).
• Experience developing and delivering presentations (e.g., posture, speaker's relationship to audience, use of intonation and props, use of visual aids and pacing) to senior leaders.
• Experience developing and maintaining integrated, resource-loaded project schedules including use of project management tools and software (Milestones, Primavera).
• Experience using process improvement tools such as Lean improvement techniques, Six Sigma techniques, Accelerated Improvement Workshop (AIW) , 3P (Production Preparation Process) to analyze and improve operations.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award