about 1 year ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Information systems & technology
Infrastructure Project Coordinator
Fixed Term contract
Part time / Full time
• Provide a project leadership and a business analysis function for Infrastructure projects and work directly with the IT PMO representing the Infrastructure groups IT portfolio
• Perform research and interview sponsor / customer to determine business requirements and translate into project deliverables, business requirements document and charter
• Participate as Project Manager and manage the project lifecycle as required for Infrastructure projects as assigned
• Facilitate user acceptance testing, training and project hand off documentation and bridge between the project organization and support teams
• Liaise with the infrastructure architecture team on projects and provide guidance and regular updates to the PMO and IT Infrastructure Manager / Regional CIO
• Assist in guiding through the transition into cloud computing including business alignment, design and architecture, cloud application onboarding and transformation of the operational support model
o Gather requirements, analyze and implement cloud migration strategies without impacting production service levels
o Develop migration planning, test scenarios for moving applications in the current physical and virtual hosts to the cloud
o Develop methods for small, medium and large cloud migrations and future builds in order to streamline the operations model for the infrastructure project teams
o Recommend and utilize industry standard cloud monitoring tools and set relevant alerting, event triggers to optimize cloud infrastructure and application performance post migration
o Provide expert guidance on bandwidth payload optimization for cloud deployments
• Provide expert guidance for financial impact and ROI of on premise versus cloud based services migrations. Optimize cloud application infrastructure while keeping operation cost optimal
• Document operation guides as required for assisting with the transition of on premise to off premise / outsourced services. Strong process mapping skills will be required
• Level 2-3 Infrastructure support will be required periodically in this role, a strong technical familiarity with data center and server infrastructure will be mandatory
Candidate skills & requirements
• Must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance
• Consulting background is an asset
• Strong technical writing skills
• Experience or Post-Secondary course curriculum specializing in cloud computing, migration specialism using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud is an asset
• Experience enterprise cloud migrations and moving on premise workloads to public and private off premise locations is an asset
• Strong background or Post-Secondary course curriculum specializing in networking, enterprise storage, backup and server OS including SUSE Linux and Windows Server 2008R2 – 2016
• DR experience is an asset
• Hands on experience or Post-Secondary course curriculum specializing with deploying cloud infrastructure and testing and managing enterprise application workloads in the cloud
• Excellent communication skills able to bridge between technical and business
• Experience in a global IT organization is an asset
• Experience working with a large supplier base including a level of IT outsourced activities is an asset
• Degree or related Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee's responsibilities.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
All applicants must be over the age of 18 and meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years