Coordinates and requests cargo clearances, coordinates military and commercial transportation by air, ship, and ground. Must have knowledge in EAR/ITAR regulations. Import-export clerks work with customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients. Technician will assist with shipping, receiving and record keeping for international transactions. Verify that all documentation adheres to import-export policies and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Export Control Technician has a wide range of duties that deal with each step of the shipping process.
• Track shipments and communicate with AAR and client about the package's progress.
• Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries.
• Deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
• Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management. They fill out import-export documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments and quotas. Much of this work is done using automated systems that can identify shipments, collect data, and register packages with government agencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Graduate of formal instructor course is mandatory with military or commercial certificate.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience with at least six (6) years in military, international or foreign military sales aviation programs.
• Must pass and possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification prior to hire.
• Effective communications skills in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. In addition, this position requires the use of a computer, intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Job: INL LOGISTICS
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Palm Bay
Overtime Status: Non-exempt