9 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Perform any/all in-process inspections and bench inspection determinations on the manufacturing floor and Pre-Assembly or Assembly and Final Inspection to visually and dimensionally check and inspect components or assemblies in various stages within limitations of accredited practices.
* Perform set-ups of gauge equipment as required. Follow established statistical sample plan and refer to process sheets, parts drawings, spec. sheets and specifications called out by Quality Assurance and Product Engineering. Must be capable of following inspection procedures called out by Quality Assurance and proper use of equipment used in routine product inspection. Inspection operations are controlled under separate I.P., EDS, ECS and EPS procedures.
* Inspection work sheets and forms are to be identified by a numerical inspection stamp for each inspector that identifies each process for which he/she has been approved. Coordinate gauge set-ups and inspection procedures for customers/source inspectors.
* Record appropriate inspection data on designated forms.
* Inspect own work; correct/report detected discrepancies to supervisor. Assist in training employee(s) as required.
* Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean an orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
* Perform other related duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED
* Above average Mechanical Aptitude & Shop Math competencies.
* Attention to detail, able to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient & productive.
* Strong ability to follow written & prescribed work instructions/procedures & tasks.
* Basic computer skills; including but not limited to MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting problems encountered that are typically dissimilar and have a number of solutions.
* This position requires both hands and legs, both near/far vision, and able to pass the forced whisper hearing test.
* Must be physically able to climb ladders to heights not to exceed 12 feet & able to lift up to 30 pounds.
* Requires operating powered equipment & using hoist assist lifts.
* Extensive periods of walking & standing within the shift.
* U.S. citizen or green card holder required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.