4 months ago
Inspection Team Leader - 1st Shift
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56240BR Date posted 11/06/City Opa Locka
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing Systems business unit located in Miami Gardens, FL has a great position for a technician focused on Leading the department operations in the absence of the Supervisor, train employees in processes and procedures as required . The position is on 1st (6:00am-2:30pm).
Inspect and repair Landing Gear aircraft components to ensure ongoing airworthiness
Segregate parts accordingly bases on initial finding per CMM, including any repairs outside the CMM (out of scopes and submittals).
Inspect and record all dimensions per DDS (Dimensional Data Sheet) with applicable measuring tools.
Dimensional inspect component for fabrication of bushing when applicable
Polish components for Condition report (all bores, faces, ID’s, OD’s and etc.)
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* 5-years of Component Technician experience in Aerospace Landing gear industry
* 7-years of Component Technician experience in Aerospace Landing gear industry preferred
* Ability to lead a team
* Demonstrated ability to improve processes
* The ability to read and interpret aircraft component maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
* Maintain repair logs, documentation all preventive and corrective component maintenance
* HS Diploma or HS Education equivalent
* A&P License or Repairman certificate required (or ability to obtain
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.