5 months ago
Job ID #: 10401
Location: US - Massachusetts - New Bedford
Functional Area: Operations
Division: EMG - Electronic Components and Packaging
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: GED
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
Perform a variety of visual and mechanical inspection operations required to thoroughly inspect packages and parts in process. Use of mathematics including decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, simple use of diagrams and blueprint reading, checking or records, forms and comparable data, where interpretation is required.
• Perform diversified monitoring functions during manufacturing process for conformance to specifications and dimensional and visual requirements following standard methods and procedures.
• Perform Minor repairs to correct non-compliant materials.
• Work from flowsheet folder, blueprint specifications, process sheets, written and/or verbal instructions.
• Use comparator, microscope, precision measuring instruments, forms and related equipment and materials. May use x-ray when inspecting in Plating Dept.
• Utilize established sampling plans on all in-process materials.
• Complete required sheets and forms, maintaining necessary records or audits, dates inspector involved, acceptance or rejection and reasons, etc.
• Inspect materials that have been sealed from various types of metals and glass.
• Some dimensions checked to very close tolerances.
• Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to group leader or supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.