11 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
In this role you will lead a diverse and cross functional component team to achieve business targets for schedule, cost and quality. Developing and managing program plans to achieve cost and performance improvement targets. Interface with Sr. Program Leadership and Internal/External Customers. Support ACE/Continuous Improvement activities for the program and at the component manufacturing sites. Support Problem Resolution over the process from Supply Chain thru Customer Delivery. Develop, manage and report out on Key Process Indicator metrics.
* Lead a cross-functional team to support production activities, and implementation of ACE/lean tools to achieve operational excellence of component design at mfg facilities.
* Manage program schedule using MS Project, and track and manage key actions with supply chain, engineering, and manufacturing teams.
* Lead cost reduction activities to ensure shipped unit costs meet program business plan.
* Understand, manage and eliminate risks using UPI tools such as the risk cube and risk register.
* Support Change Board activities, including Change Control Board meetings, Change Requests, Impact Assessments, and Detailed Work Statements.
* Support to include participation on Kaizen events, and RTPR efforts within the team, as well as coordination with mfg and procurement on the supply of new fabricated and purchased parts.
* Initiate/write/authorize ECM’s.
* Prepare and present proposals/presentations to Program and Customer leadership.
* 7+ years of Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, or related experience OR an Advanced degree in a related field and minimum of 5 years related experience.
* Experience using Microsoft programs such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word or related
* Experience with Nacelle components
* SAP experience
* Experience using written, verbal, presentation & communication skills in a business setting
* Project Management experience
* UTC Product Introduction (UPI) experience
* Team Center program experience
* Position may require travel
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.