||Integration Engineer III
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:
Develop engineering design and drawings for details, assemblies, and installations in order to support the aircraft reconfiguration. Duties will include management of tasks independently with assignments provided by the Project Lead or Engineering Management. Duties will also include providing guidance and assistance for less-experienced engineering staff and interaction with different members of internal and external organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and design aircraft structure and interior parts to support the required aircraft reconfiguration
• Develop designs that meet the technical, schedule, and cost objectives for the program
• Research aircraft configurations to ensure proper interface between aircraft structure, systems and interior products.
• Write the Statement of Work and any technical specifications as required to support program.
• Perform technical review of supplier documentation to support aircraft reconfiguration and overall system requirements
• Participate in the development of Request for Quotation (RFQ) required to complete the reconfiguration program by providing scope, hours, and parts for the applicable RFQs
• Develop Engineering Orders and Work Instructions for aircraft installations
• Provide written technical accomplishment instructions for aircraft modifications or repairs to maintenance, customer, and regulatory authorities as necessary
• Review LOPAs and General Arrangement drawings for accuracy
• Participate in ITCM, PDR, and CDR meetings with Customer as required
• Model complex component designs for structure, systems, and interiors
• Integrate models/designs into aircraft environment
• Lead Design Reviews and Design Build Team meetings as required
• Interface with purchasing, vendors, and customers leading to successful conclusion to issues
• Generate or check Engineering Advanced Material Requirements (EAMR), Trim and Finish drawings, and top-down BOMs to support on-time parts delivery
• Advise Project Lead and or PM on risk issues and action items
• Mentor and provide technical guidance to lesser experienced staff members
• Coordinate and assist in implementing new processes and procedures within the Engineering department to help improve efficiency
• Plan, review, organize, and prioritize engineering assignments to ensure completeness of tasks and maintain responsiveness in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules
• Adhere to the processes and procedures of ATS and ATS Engineering and notify Engineering Management when these procedures are not followed
• Assist Engineering Management with additional tasks when business needs arise
The individual in this position may initiate technical instructions that are substantiated by data acceptable to or approved by the FAA and EASA or equivalent. For technical instruction pertaining to work accomplished on aircraft or components operated under CFR Part 91, 121, and 145, authority is as specified by the air carrier's procedures and/or ATS Repair Station Manual.
The individual in this position will observe all company, health, safety, and environmental rules at ATS, ensures that employees have full information on their area specific safety issues, all unique hazards identified, and the individual is provided with the proper equipment to carry out their job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Proven proficiency in SolidWorks and AutoCAD for design of details, assemblies, and installation drawings required to support the aircraft reconfiguration
• In depth knowledge of FAA and EASA compliance requirements in support of structural, mechanical systems, interior systems, and flammability in order to support systems and installations and still meet the requirements of the OEM
• Experienced with OEM airframe, system, and interior design practices
• Strong working knowledge of MyBoeingFleet and AirbusWorld for OEM datasets
• Must be able to provide layouts and program design reviews
• Lead/mentor up to 2-6 engineers/drafters., help level load assignments for the engineers currently working on the program. Coach and mentor others on best design practices
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations and disciplines
• Strong time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills with other groups (avionics, certification, PM and Maintenance Leads, MRO Facilities and customers) experience strongly preferred
• Aircraft interior and/or VIP retrofit experience preferred
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, Project, etc.)
• Establish collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction
• Show positive attitude and volunteer for various assignments in order to complete program on schedule and budget
• Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload
• Ability to check 2D drawings and 3D models at the detail, assembly, and installation level
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering desired with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant aerospace experience or 15 years of equivalent aircraft design experience required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Position may require overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours. In addition this position may require onsite support at different MRO’s and location other than ATS.
• Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.