about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is seeking a summer intern candidate for Materials Engineering work within the sustainability discipline.The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the research and implementation of key design sustainability requirements across UTAS design centers.
Key sustainability areas include:
* Dangerous Goods
* Life Cycle Analysis
* Materials of Concern
* Material Intensity
* End of life
This work will include:
* Decomposition of specifications and products, using standard work
* Used to identify substances and applicable wt. % in products
* Research and process implementation for:
* Nine classes or Dangerous Goods
* Screening Life Cycle Analysis (SLCA)
* End of Life disposal and recovery requirements
* Knowledge of design sustainability, its application, and impact to aerospace products
* Ability to research and increase baseline knowledge to recommend and implement sustainable aerospace practices across multiple product lines
* Understand basic technical issues and develop solutions within the scope of responsibilities
* Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Pursuing a degree in Engineering
* Completion of 30 credit hours
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.