6 months ago
Intern - Nonexempt (INROADS)
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57229BR Date posted 11/22/City Phoenix
The Interiors business unit, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, is one of eight business units within UTC Aerospace Systems. With a global network of facilities, Interiors is a world leader in the design, development, production, integration and support of evacuation slides, seats, cargo handling systems, interior and exterior lighting, and propulsion systems for both military and commercial aircraft.
Currently the Interiors business unit is looking for a highly motivated and results driven individual to work with the engineering excellence team, for its Phoenix, AZ location. The engineering excellence team is responsible for driving improvements, consistency, enhancements, and maturity across the Interiors engineering team providing strong customer support. This position is for an engineering intern to support various initiatives. The assignment will be for 3-6 months.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we take great pride in creating career opportunities for our employees, and we provide them with the tools, training and support they need to achieve their goals.
Essential functions will include:
* Work with the Interiors Engineering team members and other functional groups to enhance and align the strategies between the organizations in support of the business plan.
* Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and required documents utilizing computers for calculations, spreadsheets, reports, etc.
* Review program requirements, drawings, service manuals, repair specifications and other relevant documentation to determine where banned/authorized substances and substances of very high concern (SVHCs) are used in Interior’s products and processes.
* Providing support to for key business process and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Relentless Root Cause Analysis (RRCA).
* Analyzing data, creating charts, highlighting abnormalities, etc.
* Identify areas of opportunities for improved performance or enhancement to Interiors Engineering team and be the focal that drives execution and performance.
* Act as an Interiors Engineering resource for sites and areas where short-term focused efforts are necessary.
* Other activities as assigned
Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Citizen or resident of the United States
* Demonstrated ability to be self-starter and sufficiently plan and execute a body of work
* Demonstrated experience being schedule driven and results-oriented.
* Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and leading without direct authority.
* High degree of interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills.
* Strong analytical, reasoning, and technical skills / proficiency
* Basic understanding of statistical tools.
Candidate shall be working on a college degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, or other related fields and have completed at least 2 years (min. 30 credit hours) of coursework towards a 4-year degree with a 3.0/4.0 GPA.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.