5 months ago
Intern, Project Management
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54064BR Date posted 09/21/City Fairfield
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a global supplier of technologically-advanced aerospace products. We are a premier designer and manufacturer of integrated aerospace systems for nearly everything that flies -- from tip to tail -- for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft applications. UTC Aerospace Systems can be found in over 90% of the world's aircraft and has over 180 locations worldwide. Our powerful aerospace solutions are advancing human flight and more importantly, creating safer and better aircraft. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges -- safely, ethically and responsibly. UTC Aerospace Systems in Fairfield, CA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Management Intern.
Project Management Interns will be assigned to a 2- 3 month internship designed to apply their educational curriculum to real-time work experiences in the Manufacturing/Aerospace field. Interns will receive beneficial and meaningful projects as well as direct involvement in processes for UTC Aerospace Systems.
This internship is for a student seeking a longer duration internship, preferably starting in Summer quarter/semester 2018 as possible and continuing through the summer and Fall of 2018, or possibly longer depending on the capacity of the intern and needs of the business. A formal agreement is not required with the student’s school. The company's goal is to relate employment opportunities to the student's academic studies and enhance the student's academic training, practical experience, professional growth, and personal development. Our intern position will assist the Manufacturing Operations/Technical Services department with numerous daily activities related to Manufacturing Engineering and provide a realistic job preview of the Manufacturing Engineer role. The role will also provide ownership and exposure to special projects with longer-term impact to the business, providing the student insight into different levels of the organization and various ME specialities such as customer service, bid proposals, process improvement, interdepartmental communication, and more.
An ideal candidate will be able to work 5 days per week during the Summer 2018 term but flexibility will be considered.
A local candidate is ideal, but distant candidates are welcome to apply if able to personally support the logistics / living costs of working in Fairfield, CA
Program Management Interns will be assigned to a two month internship designed to apply their educational curriculum to real-time work experiences in the Business Operations/Program Management field. Interns will receive beneficial and meaningful projects as well as direct involvement in processes for UTC Aerospace Systems.
* Assist and support Program Management department responsibility through all phases of the program management process, specifically ensuring the team achieves all deliverable outputs
* Assist with a variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to deliver program results responsive to internal and external customer requirements. Interprets, executes and establishes operating policies and processes.
* Assist in achieving program objectives such as technical performance, non-recurring cost, recurring cost targets, inventory, and risk management and manage program compliance.
* Assist with periodic internal and customer reviews
* Excellent communication and listening skills with all levels of the organization
* Strong presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
* Strong team player with a bias for collaboration and a commitment to teamwork
* Experience with Microsoft Office programs
* Strong Excel skills
Working Conditions – Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
* Must be comfortable in working in manufacturing and office setting
* Must wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) while on shop floor
* Sophomore standing or higher in an accredited university
* Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.