12 days ago
Introduction to UTC Aerospace Systems
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Electronic Systems Center - Engineering
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds, and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
Qualification: Position Overview - Software Engineer - Intern
Internships are for designed for shorter work periods, usually three months during the summer, fall or spring semester. A formal agreement is not required with the school. The company's goal is to relate employment opportunities to the student's academic majors to ensure maximum productivity for all parties involved. The goal of the Intern program is to enhance the student's academic training, professional growth, and personal development.
Software Interns will work alongside full time engineers as part of real project teams. In every case the intern position is treated like an entry level engineering position and a technical mentor will be provided to enable experience and guidance to perform the role.
* Executing new product introduction, value engineering, and production support projects
* Establishes software design requirements traceability, flow down requirements, development of code and test cases.
* Hands on debugging of code during integration and lab testing.
* Developing complex sub-system trade studies, algorithms, and error budgets.
* Driving the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost effective technical solutions with heavy focus on platform design, reuse, and knowledge-management
* Proficient with C programming language, and embedded systems in a lab environment.
* Experience with Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, and/or DSPs
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
* Knowledge of Perl scripting is a plus
* Knowledge of Assembly languages or VHDL/Verilog is a plus
* Knowledge of Web development languages (HTML, PHP, or equivalent) and/or experience with SharePoint is a plus.
Pursuing a B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COURSEWORK 3.0 minimum GP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.