15 days ago
We are looking for ambitious and dynamic person who is enthusiastic and passionate about travel and who will like to join our team. You excel at searching truly information; you like understanding financial and operational transactions in order to better validate key internal controls. You are a team player who will contribute to the objectives of the Internal Audit Group, in particular the one for compliance to Regulation 52-109.
* Assess current financial and operational internal controls in performing tests related to financial statements preparation, handling of accounting and financial transactions;
* Network with people from Finance and Operations in order to obtain relevant information and document narratively procedures in place;
* Select transactions to ensure that processes as described are followed;
* Verify implementation of policies and procedures for Transat and its subsidiaries by performing other tests;
* Perform tests for External Auditors, using their own audit programs;
* For all mistakes found through the testing, formulate adequate recommendations in an audit report;
* Discuss potential recommendations with the Director and/or control owners to identify adequate corrective action plans;
* Follow up on the actions taken in reply to the recommendations;
* Record into Resolver application all results of tests, recommendations and actions taken.
* University degree or Cegep degree in Accounting or Finance;
* Years of experience: 3+ for BAA or 6+ for College diploma;
* Conceptual COSO base knowledge, an asset;
* Bilingual English and French, verbal and written, Verbal Spanish an asset;
* Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word;
* Strong communicator; participative; enthusiastic; optimistic; accommodating; energetic; verbal and active;
* Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
* Available to travel outside Canada (15%); must possess a valid passport.
* Good time management and follow-through on goals, plans, and projects;
* Demonstrates personal and organizational integrity;
* Analytical and organized;
* Exhibits excellent problem solving skills;
* Capability of maintaining a favorable image when interfacing with colleagues;
* Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
Location : Montreal Head Office / Downtown
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Finances and Accounting
Business segment : Head office
Business unit : Transat A.T. inc.
Job # : AT-18-040
End date of posting : 2018-02-15