5 months ago
International Trade Compliance Specialist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54684BR Date posted 10/02/City Chula Vista
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
Job responsibilities will include:
Verify that business activities are fully compliant with International Trade Compliance (ITC) regulations. Assure adherence to all corporate policies pertaining to Trade Compliance issues through audit/assessment programs and initiate actions to address them. Manage licensing and agreement activities, and maintain applicable trade compliance records in accordance with policy and regulatory requirements. Basic duties will include:
- Commodity Classification and re-classificaitons (ECCN and HTS).
- Support Export transactions in SAP and on internally developed Systems (xClass, TEXTPORT, TeamCenter, etc).
- Support Foreign National's activities included but not limited to Visitor's Request approvals and developing/managing Technology Control Plans.
- Recordkeeping requirements.
- Assist with coordination of Imports.
- Assist with employee training.
- Provide excellent ITC customer service support to our internal and external customers.
This position requires constant communication with Engineering, Logistics, Sales, and other key departments within the company.
BA/BS degree in Business, International Studies or equivalent with 4-7+ years experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with U.S. trade laws and regulations including ITAR, EAR, OFAC, DHS/U.S.Customs.
- Must be familiar with product classification in accordance with the U.S Department of State's U.S. Munitions List and Department of Commerce's Export Commodity Classification Numbers (ECCNs) including 600 Series and U.S Harmonized Tariff Schedule (US HTS).
- SAP Experienced User (Minimum 2 years)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately while meeting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong Written and Communication skills.
MBA or equivalent advanced degree with 2-5+ years experience
BA/BS degree in Business, International Studies or equivalent
MBA or equivalent advanced degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.