4 months ago
Internship – Data Privacy- Contracts Support
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Important Notice: US Persons ONLY, due to the nature of work.
The Jeppesen Data Privacy Office (DPO) exists to support Jeppesen’s compliance with global privacy regulations while ensuring the data protection program is aligned with business needs. The DPO provides leadership, processes, and tools to assist Jeppesen employees in its commitment to protect personal identifiable information (PII) of our employees, customers and vendors. The DPO is currently implementing a Data Privacy Program to ensure compliance with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) which becomes legally binding May 25, 2018.
The DPO team is seeking assistance with key activities regarding the analysis and development of contractual language to meet data privacy requirements. The selected candidate, with the support and guidance of a DPO team member and a process document/checklist will work with existing customer or vendor contracts. One of the key tasks will be to analyze current terms and conditions to determine if there is adequate contractual language regarding data privacy.
Once the need for inclusion of data privacy requirements is established, the candidate will present their analysis to a DPO team member and receive guidance on next steps, i.e., recommendations of additional contractual language to ensure compliance with data protection regulatory requirements.
Relocation is offered for this position
• Review of existing contracts to determine need for revision to include data privacy requirements.
• Providing recommendations based upon completion of a Data Privacy Contracts/Supplier Management Data Privacy Contractual Language
• Amending, under the supervision of a DPO team member, contractual documents (e.g., customer, vendor, as required to increase contractual compliance initiatives related to data privacy regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
• Organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to effectively handle numerous tasks and priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.