6 months ago
INVENTORY CLERK NEEDED IN FORT WORTH, TX!!
Call today for details! (ext. 2
SUMMARY: Accurately receives, stores, issues, transfers and safely handles aircraft parts, standards, tools, equipment, kits and general supplies. Responsible for meeting specific individual customer material handling requirements. Provides flexible support to various areas within the Material group. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Provides timely customer service for aircraft parts to all internal and external customers.
• Unloads and conveys materials onto pallets, vehicles, racks, and shelves by hand or with the use of appropriate equipment, including installation of strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Completes necessary computer and paperwork transactions, including customer computer entries (if required) and customer tag reviews, to correctly account for material movement.
• Researches discrepancies to ensure prompt resolution and implements corrective action.
• Distributes and conveys paperwork, material and parts to and from storage or work sites to designated areas.
• Assists in expediting AOG parts from Receiving Inspection to final work area.
• Processes material returns (RECAP) and customer off-unit shipping requests.
• Assists customers with purchasing status. Relay to mechanics and customers shipping information and confirm arrival of parts.
• Runs reports for all shop work orders awaiting parts.
• Assists in the inventory of customer and parts and materials, including manifest preparation for parts assignments.
• Performs daily housekeeping duties within area and helps maintain a safe working environment.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Support Material Coordinators as necessary.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (general):
• Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer, fax machine and copy machine.
• General computer knowledge of window applications and software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Oracle.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as customer service skills.
• Ability to drive light duty trucks and operate pallet jacks and hand trucks.
• Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year related experience.
• Computer experience and/or training required.
• Prior warehouse, parts experience highly preferred.
• Must successfully complete the forklift class within three months.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and sit.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.