This position is responsible for AAR commercial inventory management, including forecasting, planning and optimizing AAR global inventory levels. In coordination with our commercial and operational teams, the Inventory Manager will work to consolidate forecast inputs, convert the forecast into a supply plan, coordinate cross functional planning activities, identify and resolve variances and track inventory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage AAR inventory levels for all locations, both AAR and customer, globally.
• Optimize AAR inventory with increasing service levels while reducing our total inventory asset value.
• Perform reporting and detailed analysis of KPIs and track performance against targets.
• Work with our Engineering and Operations teams to optimize on wing performance by incorporating service bulletins where applicable
• Developing decision criteria to make the best stock buy decisions
• Reduction in slow and non-moving stock by identifying preferred mod states, packages for disposal, packages for consignment to customers, etc.
• Manage and lead the Inventory strategy and procurement activity to reduce procurement cost.
• Develop, plan, accomplish and monitor complete inventory and sampling inventory procedures for AAR & Customer stores
• Support of Commercial with information, analysis and proposal development.
• Acquisition and maintenance of all technical material associated with the fleet e.g. RSPLs, IPC/IPL, SBs, ADs, etc. world fleet data.
• Assure that stock differences following inventory checks are duly updated in the inventory management system.
• Maintaining the parts related data in Company systems and databases including interchangeability, reliability, applicability, maintenance specs, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years working experience as an inventory analyst, network planner, or similar
• 4 year degree with a focus in Operational Research, Strategic Planning, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or similar is required. MBA or Master of Science degree a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL and working with large datasets
• Proficiency in analytical tools such as R, Python, SPSS, or Tableau a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Overtime Status: Exempt