16 days ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* SIOP: Works with Demand Planning to solicit and document a dollarized Sales Plan by business segment from the Sales/Leadership teams.
SIOP: Uses Sales Plan to generate a corresponding material level unit Supply Plan. This Supply Plan is then reviewed with the manufacturing sites to negotiate and define Production Plan Rates by process that maximize inventory utilization, on time customer delivery, and minimize disruptions to plant operations.
* SIOP: Responsible for directing, and supporting the Production Plan Rates via the plant schedulers reporting to them.
Maintains continuity of combined SAP and legacy JD Edwards (E1) systems historic sales, inventory, and customer order base data for reporting and capacity planning purposes. Also creates and maintains cross-reference tables from both systems into our legacy business information tool (Prism) until full implementation of SAP is achieved for SAP-BI.
* Monitor the health of Supply Network to assure customer satisfaction levels set by the company are achieved. This involves creating and monitoring past due reports, capacity plans, and working with customer service to prioritize and expedite parts through the scheduling process. Included in this area are the calculation of safety stocks within the distribution network, along with monitoring inventory levels.
Review daily demand flows from ERP systems and manufacturing’s adherence to production needs.
Create and maintain a yearly prebuild plan to produce during off-season sales months to effectively achieve level loaded production rates set in SIOP cycle. This includes high-volume OEM customers along with capacity constrained SKU’s due to volume or tooling limitations. Reviews prebuild planned items with Sales for consensus and/or customer approval to limit OSMI risk of selected items.
* Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - BS degree required in Planning, Procurement, Marketing or other similar discipline; 3-5 years experience in Manufacturing Planning preferred
* Advanced MS-Excel knowledge - macros, pivot tables and advanced formula creation
* SAP or basic ERP foundational awareness (with a focus on MRP management)
* SQL, ODBC, and/or other database concepts and functions
* Data analysis: Must be able to extract, analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate results to various levels of the organization
* Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting concepts to understand inputs into the SIOP process
* Knowledge of supply & inventory planning processes with the aptitude to react urgently to trends, customer requests, or manufacturing needs
* Management skills to create and foster development opportunities and growth for direct reports
* Advanced problem solving skills to take unrefined business requirements and develop processes, procedures, and/or reports that satisfy those needs
* Clear, effective, and timely communication with internal and external customers
* Effectively and independently manages time and task prioritization
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.