7 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Information systems & technology
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
• Serve as primary coordinator and senior technician for site help desk support
• Document and organize the installation / update of new software applications, computer hardware, and peripheral equipment on the LAN, coordinating campaigns with internal resources or third parties when necessary
• Provision supplies and software needed for day to day operations of the site's IS systems, manage associated invoices and vendors
• Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of IS technology used on site in order to assist team in providing a high level of computer/network support related to problems reported by users
• Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing feedback to users making suggestions for improvement
• Maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations within standards
• Configure and maintain network switchgear to maximize industrial security, network flexibility and future growth.
• Monitor and report licenses on applications to ensure compliance when necessary
• Monitor and maintain asset inventory tracking, coordinate equipment replacement and planned obsolescence
• Work with cross functional team projects while representing the IS Dept.
• Perform other related duties as required
• This position does not require direct reports.
Candidate skills & requirements
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
• Sit for long periods of time while operating office equipment
• Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
• Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
• Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• Perform duties requiring kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 30 pounds periodically
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
• Continuous Learning
• Customer Focus
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Work Standards
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in related technical area
• COMPTIA A+ and Net+ Certification
Technologies / Experience Required:
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory
• Four years technical training / experience in technical support and systems administration
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
• Experience with LAN networks, VMWare, Windows server administration
• Experience with PC imaging (Microsoft SCCM), Windows configuration preferred.
• Experience with Cisco switch infrastructure / security strongly preferred
• Experience with network security equipment / firewalls preferred
• Project management experience preferred
• Mastery of troubleshooting principles and problem-solving skills to resolve IS related issues
• Flexibility to manage and solve multiple problems at one time
• Demonstrate capacity for organization, prioritization, and management in a dynamic environment
• Establish rapport with users and promote efficient, organized computer usage
• Write and speak clearly and concisely
• Create technical clear, concise documentation
• Maintain confidentiality
French language skills would be welcomed but not required.
North America, United States, Kentucky, Walton
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years