Main Purpose of the Role
The IT Business Systems Analyst -- Technical Operations position is primarily responsible for supporting the Virgin America business unit that is responsiblefor the safety and maintenance of Virgin America's fleet of aircraft. The Technical Operations team is focused on long and short-range maintenance planning and the daily execution of maintenance in support of our highly efficient operation.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Support the specification, implementation and deployment of business applications, both commercial and custom-built, to the Technical Operationsbusiness function, including:
o Maintenance and Engineering applications.
o Document and Content Management systems.
o Integration between Maintenance Control and Operations Control applications.
o Ensuring compliance with DOT and FAA requirements.
- Work with implementation partners, hosting vendors and internal IT resources to deliver IT services to the Virgin America business in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Focus on enhancing the efficiency of business operations through the effective implementation of technology solutions.
- Ensure system selection, development activities and new requirements are in sync with IT standards, policies and processes.
- Support the development and deployment of IT governance practices, as they relate to the Technical Operations organization.
Professional Experience Required
- Traxexperience preferred
- Airbus ADOC experience
- Panasonic In-Flight Entertainment system experience preferred
- Five to ten years experience in a business analysis / project management role.
- Previous airline industry experience and knowledge of Maintenance and Engineering systems is a plus.
- Previous experience working with diverse, geographically distributed functional and technical teams.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to use sound judgment when working with team members.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and time management skills.
- Able to work with multiple project and work streams concurrently, with an ability to deliver work products on time and within budget.
- Hands-on experience with self-service reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.
Job Requirements (e.g., travel, must be able to lift 50 pounds, etc.)
Occasional travel to Virgin America airport location.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.