9 months ago
IT Compliance Specialist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 46837BR Date posted 04/10/City Windsor Locks
Country United States
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
Reporting to the Manager, UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS IT Export & Compliance, this position will execute overall strategies aimed at both reducing risk with the IT environment and ensuring compliance with various regulatory requirements & policies. Efforts will focus on compliance across IT applications, infrastructure and ERP environments.
The candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
* Facilitate various internal & external IT audits, working with both auditors and members of the IT organization in defining audit scope, validating audit findings, and developing appropriate management actions.
* Track and ensure the timely closure of all IT compliance corrective actions assigned to the UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS IT organization.
* Perform Control Assessments and other internal compliance reviews as needed.
* Participate in annual IT Risk and Controls self-assessment efforts.
* Lead & execute special IT compliance projects including developing project approach & plans, tracking progress and managing issues.
* Actively participate in ACE efforts that support the UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS IT organization’s path to Silver and Gold certification.
This position has the ability to be located in Windsor Locks, CT; Charlotte, NC; or Chula Vista, CA
Travel Requirements: 40-60%
Qualification: Professional Qualifications / Skills:
* 7-10 years of experience required in related field
* Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong project management skills and the ability to present information to various audiences
* Strong analytical skills including detail and accuracy
* Ability to manage conflicts
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to problem solve including and providing recommendations to resolve internal and external issues
* Self-motivated and work well both independently and under supervision in a team environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
* Background / experience in conducting IT audits or similar controls assessments
* Working knowledge of SAP preferable
* Understanding of requirements of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) preferable
* Familiarity with UTC IT policies preferable
* Aerospace industry experience preferable
* Experience in developing / implementing IT applications preferable
Education: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (prefer Master’s Degree) in Information Technology or related discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.