3 months ago
Are you ready to operate at a global scale, join one of Fortune's top 50 Most Admired Companies, and their Most Admired Airline, while building products that are used by millions of customers per day? Work hand and hand with the best and brightest at Delta IT on our journey of transformation to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Our newly redesigned open workspace contains the latest tools and technologies that fosters our agile, fun and collaborate working environment. Connect with your new colleagues over a cup of coffee or a game of foosball while talking about all the places you can go with your free flight benefits!
As a Developer on the Enterprise Notification Systems team, you'll create, enhance, and support an ecosystem of applications that ultimately drive one million notifications to Delta customers each day. This position develops and maintains applications and documentation, seeks out opportunities to optimize performance, troubleshoots various application components as required, quickly resolves problems and provides timely follow-up. The individual will become a subject matter expert in integration of applications used for customer and employee notifications and delivery.
If you're in Atlanta (or want to be!) and want to work in a fun and collaborative environment with one of the best brands in the world, join our team today!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Develop optimized, supportable functionality in support of the outbound notification systems and integrated components based primarily on Microsoft stack (C# .NET, Windows Workflow Framework)
- Develop and support system to system integration from notification applications into the Enterprise Arbitration Engine system
- Develop and support system integrations from various applications to leverage enterprise components, including Contact Address Hub API and Notification Delivery API
- Administer product upgrades and patches
- Develop and support Oracle database scripts in support of detailed data capture for application support
- Effectively analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Proactively collaborate with team to maintain pace and meet deadlines
- Provide assistance and cover for other team members where required, including troubleshooting and maintenance of production systems/programs/applications
- On call support function is a component of this role
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures
- Develop test case design, perform test case execution, and work with business and vendors to resolve identified issues
- Establish and document end user training as needed
- Complete other related duties as needed
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration with two (2) or more years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Big-picture thinker able to develop high quality, efficient and flexible solutions
- C# and .Net knowledge and development experience required
- Knowledge of Windows Server and HP-UX operating systems, GitHub and/or GitLab, and relational and object databases
- Experience with system integrations, optimizing performance and data integrity
- API development standards and practices
- Experience working in an agile development environment using workload management tools like JIRA or VersionOne
- Passion for driving continuous improvement
- Proactive and able to quickly pick up new technologies
- Comfortable handling multiple deliverables and able to manage priorities in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - able to initiate and document research and analysis and communicate findings and recommendations to internal customers, including senior management, in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; individual should be able to resolve problems in a calm and quick manner and display a high degree of initiative and drive
- Flexibility, as responsibilities requires occasional evening and weekend work
- Experience building computer software within the airline industry is a plus
- DevOps and/or automation experience in code testing, building, and deployment a plus
- Basic familiarity or knowledge of Java a plus
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.