5 months ago
IT Financial Planning & Analysis Supervisor
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 50192BR Date posted 06/09/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
Country United States
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
In this role you will:
* Partner with leadership to evaluate the financial impact of key/transformational IT projects.
* Evaluate ROI and payback models to help prioritize organizational efforts.
* Benchmark (internally and externally) to determine best practices.
* Provide insight as to how decisions impact our financials.
* Demonstrate innovation by creating new/streamlined reporting.
* Aid in development of 1st-of-kind financial repository database.
* Conduct gap analysis to determine organizational needs – empowered with the ability to proactively address identified needs.
* “Tell the story” to the executive team regarding key performance drivers.
* Drive team to conduct thorough root cause variance analyses.
* Transform analyses into executive presentations.
* Lead a team of finance professionals aligned with their customers’ needs.
* Aid in further strengthening our highly-regarded brand through results-oriented performance.
* Develop team to reach best-in-class levels of accountability, reliability, financial and technical acumen.
Qualifications Specific Required Experience:
* 5+ years of financial planning and analysis experience
* 2+ years of client-facing finance experience
* Excel (intermediate to advanced)
Education BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field w/6–10+ years overall experience required
MA/MS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field w/4–7+ years overall experience (preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.