29 days ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic IT Network Analyst. This is a position within the Enterprise Architecture team, interacting with the Air Canada business, other IT teams, primary vendors and service providers. The mandate is to work with the network vendors to develop the management of the network with a goal of improving the customer and employee experience while maintaining safe and reliable operations. Air Canada operates in a highly outsourced IT model; therefore, this individual requires collaboration with a broad range of groups, both within the company and with many external IT and business partners. The individual will contribute to the delivery and management of the network services and provide valuable input to a variety of internal stakeholders for planning purposes.
This position reports to the Manager, Network Architecture.
The IT Network Analyst will:
* Oversee asset management for the managed network with the vendors to maintain asset inventory, hardware and software currency through upgrades, patches and refresh highlighting key areas of risk
* Perform Capacity and Performance management for the network, working with the tools and data provided by the network vendors to identify trends, recommend course of action and follow the change management processes to execute upgrades
* Participate in projects with our Air Canada teams to work with the vendors to plan, schedule and execute changes or implementation of network technologies
* Provide technical assistance to the Air Canada businesses through collaboration with the network vendors to ensure timely and effective delivery of the standard network services, using the change management system ensuring proper assessment of the impact and risk of changes
* Support the Incident Management service by providing technical expertise and a pragmatic approach working with the vendors to resolve incidents escalated from the business
* Apply knowledge of network elements and requirements to review business solution requests to validate the scope and elaborate them to the network vendors for small projects and service requests
* Work with the Air Canada’s network vendors define and develop standard procedures for implementation and management of network technologies
* A relevant University degree/technical certifications (and/or relevant experience)
* 3-5 years experience as a Network Analyst or Administrator in an enterprise environment
* A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
* Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
* Relevant experience with
* Cisco switching, security, wireless and unified communications platforms
* F5 Load Balancers
* MPLS, virtual networks, Internet connectivity
* Knowledge of cloud service strategies and current technology trends
* Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Information Technology