Frontier is a major air carrier headquartered in Denver, CO. We employee over 3,000 aviation professionals and, due to our outstanding growth, are always looking to add more dedicated professionals to our team. From bases in Denver, Chicago, Trenton and Orlando -- as well as numerous focus cities across the continental U.S. Frontier currently flies to more than 70 domestic and international destinations.
As a team leader, the IT QA Analyst II is responsible for various systems test development, documentation (including authoring test scripts), planning, execution, and communicating test status. This role requires comprehensive systems and technical knowledge to perform script-writing and troubleshooting. The analyst role is highly focused on quality through strict attention to detail, and uses their knowledge and abilities to mentor junior team members. This role is critical to Frontier in ensuring technology functions efficiently and effectively, reduces Frontier’s costs and helps meet our revenue goals.
- Reports testing status and reported defects to Quality Assurance Manager daily.
- Constructs and executes complete system tests inclusive of various hardware, software, operating systems, networks, databases and application server configurations. Test cases will include regular and irregular operations.
- Peer-reviews test scripts created by other team members.
- Thoroughly and rigorously tests customer facing and internal applications and technology (web functionality, agent tools, hardware, software, and other applications) which have been developed by Frontier or third party vendors, based on functional specifications and requirements, as well as intended use of the technology.
- Will become familiar with the Frontier PSS System functionality at all customer points of contact (web, reservations, airport check-in and gates).
- Completes Unit, GUI, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Works closely with Development Team, Application Support Team, and Frontier HelpDesk to troubleshoot issues in production and development environments.
- Works with customer service departments, Business Analysts, Developers, and Application Support to identify enhancements to new and existing technology, as well as advice on design requirements when requested.
- Ensures that the project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Maintains and opens online trouble logs and follows up on issues with all related departments.
- Updates reporting tools with testing results.
- Monitors known bugs and issues, escalating where necessary to expedite resolution.
- Troubleshoots reported problems from other departments, as well as customers.
- Be on call-as needed, or as scheduled by the QA Manager, to help resolve production issues or meet sensitive testing deadlines.
- Work with Frontier training teams to identify and assist with any additional training needs.
- Assists, mentors and guides junior team members under supervision of the QA Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Possess strong analytical abilities and experience in utilizing data to diagnose technical issues
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Multi-platform testing experience – Web OS and browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android is helpful
- Three to five years IT experience
- Three to five years Quality Assurance experience
- Expert level experience in test case creation, test case maintenance, documentation (including authoring test scripts), planning, execution and communicating test status
- Experience with training and mentoring QA Analysts
- Strong working knowledge of multiple defect tracking applications
- Ability to understand written requirements and translate into accurate and complete test cases
- Expert in use acceptance and regression testing
- Expert level user in MS Office Suite
- Airline/GDS experience preferred
- Proven track record of researching and analyzing complex issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of various QA testing methodologies, and flexibility in following them or hybridized methodologies
- Understanding of PCI/SOX compliance
- Understanding of change management process
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
- Ability to handle and work with confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, under pressure, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to learn and experiment with new software, hardware and other technologies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.