|Frontier is a major air carrier headquartered in Denver, CO. We employee over 3,000 aviation professionals and, due to our outstanding growth, are always looking to add more dedicated professionals to our team. From bases in Denver, Chicago, Trenton and Orlando -- as well as numerous focus cities across the continental U.S. -- frontier currently flies to more than 70 domestic and international destinations.
The primary responsibility of our IT Security Manager position will be to develop and manage the strategic direction for the enterprise information technology security framework and activities, and provide oversight of Frontier Airlines’ security compliance initiatives. This person will work with IT, business, and security staff to ensure appropriate planning, communication, and execution of plans and activities ensuring smooth and successful operations of firewall management, IDS monitoring, vulnerability and security patch management, security baseline configuration management and computer security incident response.
• Assume overall responsibility for information security infrastructure including, developing strategic plans and identifies key success factors; sets priorities and allocates the resources to achieve department and corporate goals.
• Establish and maintain a set of procedures for identifying, prioritizing, implementing, and reporting patches that resolve security exposures to the network and computing devices across the enterprise.
• Conduct security assessment of modifications to the Company’s network and computing architecture before they are placed in production.
• Conduct periodic reviews of the IT network devices’ configuration to determine version currency and identify and mitigate the potential weaknesses to prevent unauthorized access or disrupt the Company’s network and computing services.
• Work with Internal Audit, Executive Management and other departments to establish audits and reporting.
• Participate in testing and evaluation of IT internal controls.
• Conduct annual information security audits of the company’s vendors, as required.
• Establish information security policies within the Information Technology group with appropriate compliance monitoring and enforcement.
• Establish and ensure compliance with incident prevention and response.
• Manage and ensure PCI and SOX compliance.
• Prepare Board presentations.
• Keep up on industry best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and security certification is highly desirable. CISSP or CISA equivalent experience acceptable.
• 10+ years of experience in IT, with broad range of exposure to all aspects of business planning, systems analysis, and application development, with 4+ years of experience with information security
• Experience working in a 24x7x365 production support environment
• Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts
• Experience with the airline industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to facilitate a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation and team work
• A broad and thorough knowledge of security systems, Windows, Linux, TCP/IP is required. Proficiency in network traffic analyzing and packet analyzing is desirable. Experience with Cisco network products and end user support is desirable. Preferred industry certifications include: SANS, CISSP, CISA, PCI-DSS
• Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and systems, desktop and server operating systems, server virtualization concepts, and basic infrastructure services such as DNS and DHCP
• Exhibit leadership skills required to manage resources as well as projects deliverables
• Self-directed IT professional with strong work ethics and excellent organizational skills
• Strong oral and written skills both technical and non-technical
• Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful team environment with the ability to adapt to new, different, or changing situations
• Demonstrated troubleshooting approach and skills
• Strong interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.