about 1 year ago
Provide first line Level 1 support via phone, email and limited direct support to end-user community on hardware, software, telephone and network-related problems, questions, and use.
* Provide problem resolution to users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem and classify level, priority and nature of problem.
* Open, track and close trouble tickets as well as ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
* Respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support in a timely manner and have the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical individuals.
* Provide clear and concise documentation of incidents/problems/troubleshooting steps/comments into an incident management system.
* Identify and research issues.
* Resolve Level 1 technical problems and escalate other issues to appropriate support team when necessary.
* Create, track and close trouble tickets using assigned software and procedures.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience in helpdesk environment or any customer service related field. Phone support a plus.
* Trained and/or certified in Microsoft Desktop Applications.
* Expert knowledge of PC hardware & software.
* A+/ Network + Certification a plus.
* Strong customer service focus and commitment, must have customer service background.
* Ability to provide direct and phone support to end users on a variety of systems including the most recent Windows Operating System, printer and in house airline applications.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications, with strong attention to detail.
* Familiarity with incident management software such as Support Works, Heat, Remedy, HP Service Desk, etc is a plus.
* Work experience in an environment that follows ITIL Best Practices.
* Self-motivated and professional with excellent oral communication skills.
* Demonstrates clear and concise writing skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment or alone, under tight time constraints.
* Regularly demonstrates initiative in supporting the customer outside of expected job assignments.
* Willing and able to attend specialized training and/or travel on occasion.
* Thorough, detail-oriented work habits with good follow-through and follow-up. Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and work with a professional level of customer service.
* Ability to analyze challenging technical issues and develop new solutions in a timely and accurate manner.
* Excellent telephone etiquette, data entry and people skills.
* Must be adaptable to work in a 24x7 support environment.
* Requires shift work and a high degree of flexibility as we require 24 hour coverage. Must be able to cover all available shifts when needed. Full time and part time positions available.