12 months ago
About the GTAA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CONNECT THE WORLD – Toronto Pearson is Canada’s leading global hub airport. Help to drive our vision to become the best airport in the world. Together, we will demonstrate that our passengers are our passion, by showing respect, integrity and delivering innovative products and services.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Vendor Management, this position is responsible for fulfilling the sourcing needs of the IT Department and collaborating with our IT Service Partner and the Procurement Dept. on IT Sourcing related activities. This individual will manage contract renewals, ad-hock reporting, processing of purchase requisitions and responding to customer requests as it relates to IT suppliers, purchase requests and contract terms.
* Providing input to setting IT sourcing strategies and performance objectives, developing annual tactical sourcing plans based on the analysis of the GTAA Corporate direction and ITM unit’s strategy, developing plans for annual contract renewals and terminations and providing input to plans for sourcing process improvements
* Supervising the development and execution of the competitive bid processes for IT sourcing, advising on procurement alternatives within corporate policy, preparing and implementing negotiation plans, supervising supplier evaluation, negotiation and contract development, assessing and validating award recommendations, contract changes, amendments, and promoting to the GTAA Contracting and Purchasing unit for execution, overseeing the development and implementation of procurement artefacts (e.g. contract terms and conditions, master service agreement templates, and bid evaluation templates), and investigating, analyzing, developing and promoting alternative partnership agreements with potential suppliers
* Ensuring successful contract executions and terminations by: planning for transition activities, overseeing transition execution, measuring and reporting on transition progress, assessing and reporting on organizational readiness, and implementing risk mitigation strategies
* Developing best‐in‐class sourcing techniques and practices with a focus on disciplined execution and quality improvements; developing and maintaining relationships with key departmental customers and supplier stakeholders; overseeing IT sourcing agreements with respect to changes such as contract terms and conditions, fee schedules, scope of work, expiry and notification timing, and service levels; providing input to ITM unit’s financial and performance reporting; providing advice to ITM staff at all levels including Senior Management in the procurement of IT products and services and advise on contracting matters in general including financial management as it relates to contracts; supervising staff and assigning schedules of work, monitoring performance and training and ensuring standards are met; supporting IT and Vendor Management in contract disputes and providing contract interpretations; ensuring contract databases are maintained and current through regular audits; and collaborating with the GTAA Contracting and Purchasing unit to develop improvements in methods, processes, and policies. Additional related duties will also be assigned as required
* Responsible for being a customer centric Leader with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs
* Post-secondary diploma or degree with a specialization in Purchasing or Contract Law
* Industry experience or industry related experience (aviation, transportation, etc.) an asset
* Formal training in IT outsourcing and contract negotiations is required
* Must have five (5) years’ experience in IT sourcing contracts and suppliers as well as three (3) years of practical experience in competitive bidding and negotiating ICT agreements
* Must meet the security level designated for the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proficient and have knowledge of: developing and implementing IT outsourcing procurement methodologies and industry best practices; IT acquisition strategies, pricing, and gain share models; and assessing external IT suppliers’ corporate financial viability Working knowledge of contract law
* Knowledge of: developing and managing stakeholder relationships with internal and external parties including GTAA Air Carriers, Government Agencies and Tenants; and knowledge of developing, implementing and modifying methods and procedures according to GTAA quality management principles
* Ability to: supervise, mentor and motivate staff, represent the GTAA and support its position in contractual disputes, advise Senior Management on contractual matters and influence on course of action which are beyond his/her span of control and authority, collaborate and maintain good working relationships with the GTAA Contracting and Purchasing unit and other internal departments, make decisions and lobby on behalf of the GTAA during contract negotiations, evaluate business value and make decisions on pricing of IT products and services, and represent the GTAA when working with non‐IT suppliers on matters of commercial relationships that affect agreements outside of the ITM unit’s span of control
* Possess critical thinking, decision making and influential skills
* Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
We offer a fast-paced, stimulating environment along with an attractive salary/benefit package commensurate with experience. Please forward your résumé to Careerport at the following link:
The GTAA is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.