9 months ago
KBRwyle Aerospace is looking for a Network Specialist to design and implement migration strategies for secured test centers belonging to the US Air Force. Endpoints include desktops, laptops and servers Most endpoints are Windows based; however, some run Linux OS.
- Build and maintain a dynamic library of networked devices, and their specifications.
- Build and maintain a dynamic inventory of PC and Server loadsets and network connection configurations.
- Support the effort to design migration plans for all outdated Operating Systems (non/pre-Windows 10), including a path to migration readiness that may include application or infrastructure upgrades.
- Document test plans and back-out criteria for OS migrations.
- Evaluate technical specifications for business requirements.
- Interface with USAF and vendor personnel in support of the project objectives.
- Assess and document risk associated with migration efforts.
- Maintain professional working relationships with project principles and user community.
- Research and test applications
- Execute assignments, at times without direct supervision.
- Work closely with Project Management to prioritize business goals and project needs.
- Work closely with Cybersecurity Specialist to accommodate cybersecurity goals.
- Share expertise with designated staff, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems or related degrees (Four (4) years of MIS experience may be substituted for academic requirement.)
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Six+ (6) years of relevant MIS experience (Four years of MIS experience used to fulfill BS Degree does not count towards fulfilling this requirement.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven strong oral and written communication/presentation skills for a broad audience. Able to clearly communicate technical details to IT and Engineering personnel, but also simplify explanations for non-technical individuals.
- Understanding of Backup and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Solid expertise around network security and best practices.
- Robust understanding of network routing and switching protocols.
- Current and comprehensive understanding of network communications, and their associated protocols and infrastructure.
- Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data and present proposals in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to evaluate and test computer hardware, software and network connections.
- Ability to upgrade MS Windows OS and perform hard drive maintenance such as formatting, defraging, driver installation, and working from the Command Line Prompt.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to design and implement local and wide-area network infrastructure including applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable the candidate to establish and sustain close working relationships with functional teams and subject matter experts both internal and external to IT.
- Ability to ask clarifying/probing questions of business customers, in order to evaluate business requirements.
- Ability to adapt effectively to new and changing environments.
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Driven, self-starter with can-do attitude. Focusing on service-delivery and client satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and implement efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- At all times professional in conduct, appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to accommodate up to 10% out-of-state travel.
- Proficient with Windows OS and MS Office 2013—Power Point, Word, Excel.
- Previous experience with DoD, as an employee or as a civilian contractor.
- Proven success in an operational networking capacity, to include but not limited to: Incident Response, Network Security Monitoring, Patch management, VMware, Troubleshooting, Migration, Application testing, and related areas.
- Solid understanding of OSI model and related concepts.
- Industry recognized certification(s) preferred, including, but not limited to: MCSE, MCP, ITIL, Network+, Security+, CCE, CSFA, CCNP, VCP, CCNA, DCDC, JNCIP
- Active Secret security clearance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.