3 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
If you are able to deliver strong customer satisfaction consistently, are a motivated team player, and are looking to join a growing and fast paced IT team, then we are interested in speaking with you!
Reporting into the Supervisor of IT, the IT Technician will ensure that employee’s hardware and software are working properly. WESCAM is a growing company and the IT Technician will be crucial in ensuring new and current employee’s hardware and workstations are configured, providing IT helpdesk support, and repairing failed hardware or software.
This position is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional 'hands on' technical ability go hand in hand.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Responsible for providing various help desk support services to the Burlington location and remote sales staff.
* Setup / Troubleshoot / Repair / Upgrade desktop and laptop computers.
* Triaging and responding to calls and emails from users and tickets generated by our monitoring software
* Utilizing our advanced documentation system to facilitate closing tickets and record keeping.
* Ability to adapt to situations involving clients with unique hardware and software requirements.
* Manage Telephone and in-person support.
* Network User & Group security management.
* Ability to participate in a support schedule that includes after hours and weekend support.
· Troubleshoot PC Hardware and Software
· Install / Configure / Support
o Windows 7/10 Professional environment
o Office 2013/2016
o Internet Explorer 11
o Outlook 2013/2016
· Troubleshoot client networking issues (both LAN & WiFi)
· Work in Team Environment
· Ability to Follow Procedures
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A strong customer service oriented attitude
· Excellent organizational skills
· Experience with the following would be an asset:
o Active Directory
o Exchange 2003
o Web Design and associated tools
o Nortel PBX administration
· ShoreTel PBX Administration
· Support for Android and iOS devices
o Microsoft IIS Servers
o Basic knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting and support
o Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Experience & Education Requirements
· 3 - 4 years experience in Technician role
· College Diploma (or equivalent experience)
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam