4 months ago
Janitor Reports to: Lead Janitor Department: Janitorial
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Job Summary: Maintain buildings in a clean and orderly fashion.
Essential Functions: 1. Perform cleaning duties, such as operating motor-driven cleaning equipment, mopping
floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash.
2. Keep buildings in a clean and orderly condition, including bathroom cleaning, carpet
shampooing, dusting, floor polishing, upholstery cleaning and window cleaning.
3. Responsibilities may also include work involving maintenance skills to keep machines,
mechanical equipment, or structure of an establishment in repair.
4. May perform routine facility maintenance activities, notifying management of need for
repairs and additions, cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks.
5. Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
6. Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good working order.
7. Maintain and complete detailed tasks checklist as needed.
Additional Duties: Safety
1. Contribute to a safe work environment by tuning in to your environment; eliminate
unsafe acts not required by your job function. Use risk mitigation guidelines where risky
behaviors are authorized and required.
2. Follow SMS work practices and procedures and adhere to policies documented in the
SMS manual, including the reporting of hazards and incidents.
3. Wear appropriate PPE and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
4. Keep work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when
encountered and report those that you can't personally correct to your immediate
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of anyone acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are
conforming to airport security guidelines.
Qualifications: 1. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes.
2. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this
position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull
objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which
clearly simulates the work environment.
Revised 1/14/2009 Page 1 of 2
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to drive a vehicle, bend,
stretch, stand, knee, walk and extend legs.
3. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate
small objects and print or write legibly.
4. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral
information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle
and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the
essential functions of the job.
Environmental Conditions: 1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
License(s): 1. Valid Driver’s license
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed
by this employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform
any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name
Revised 1/14/2009 Page 2 of 2