10 months ago
This position will support the F-35 Lightning II Information Support Tool (LIST) Project. The successful candidate will be a part of a talented software team to develop and maintain a Joint application. The successful candidate will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development life-cycle, from concept and design to testing and the release process, while following Agile processes to deliver incremental functionality. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize tools and follow processes that ensure high quality software is delivered. Members of the team will be geographically dispersed within the United States.
- Develop web applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle in support of team objectives
- Contribute with writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Additional duties may require technical writing support, and/or configuration management support
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is with two (2) years of experience is required. A total of four (4) years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A DoD Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance is required. The selected candidate must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. The individual must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Insight into Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, Oracle and ORM technologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Prior experience working in a team environment
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.