4 months ago
This position will support the F-35 Lightning II Information Support Tool (LIST) Project. The successful candidate will be a part of a talented software team to develop and maintain a Joint application. The successful candidate will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development life-cycle, from concept and design to testing and the release process, while following Agile processes to deliver incremental functionality. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize tools and follow processes that ensure high-quality software is delivered. Members of the team will be geographically dispersed within the United States.
- Design and develop web applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle in support of team objectives
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Additional duties may require technical writing support, and/or configuration management support
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is required. Five (5) years of related experience required. Four (4) additional years of related experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The following are required:
-Prior experience developing Object-oriented (OO) code is required
- Experience working in Agile environment
- US Citizen with existing Department of Defense (DoD) clearance or eligible for DoD clearance
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment
- Insight into Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Java Server Faces experience is desired
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, Oracle and ORM technologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience using tools including Eclipse, Git, and TFS related utilities
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.