3 months ago
This position will support the P-8 Program. The successful candidate will be part of a talented software team to develop and maintain mission-critical applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and the release process, while following Agile processes to deliver incremental functionality rapidly. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize tools and follow processes that ensure high quality software is delivered. Members of the team will be geographically dispersed within the United States.
- Design and develop applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle in support of team objectives
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is required with five (5) years of experience, or a total of nine (9) years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience developing Object-oriented (OO) code is required
- Insight into Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
-Experience with test-driven development
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience using tools including Eclipse, Subversion, and related utilities
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.