6 months ago
The Accounting Manager is responsible for timely and accurate financial statements of
• MIC Contracted Power & Energy (CP&E) with a focus on BEC (Bayonne Energy Center)
• MIC Hawaii (Waihonu Solar Facility, Critchfield Pacific, Inc., MIC Hawaii Consolidation)
Reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer.
• Review monthly journal entries including consolidating entries, billing, accounts payable fixed asset and debt accounting.
• Review all account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and documentation required by all contracts.
• Review monthly financial statements and reporting package for MIC NY and assist in quarterly/annual SEC reporting.
• Work with MIC asset manager, MIC Finance and operations team in preparation of annual budget.
• Work with auditors (financial and SOX) during quarterly reviews and annual stand-alone audit work for both partnership and project level reporting.
• Ensure financial controls over financial reporting are documented and in place.
• Participate in annual insurance policy renewal.
• Work with Ernst & Young on quarterly HLBV analysis and K-1 preparation/projections, if necessary
• Fully understand all requirements for each contract and actively manage those requirements.
• Work with MIC Finance and CAO for new project integrations.
• Liaise with vendors, bank, utilities, auditors and others, as required
• Manage staff accountant(s) in the performance of the duties mentioned.
• Effective staff supervisory and development skills
• Continuous improvement mind-set
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to make critical decisions and work under pressure of deadlines.
• Proficient in General Ledger systems, and office software (reports program, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
• Excellent skills in communication and organization.
• Represent MIC Contracted Power and Energy and MIC Hawaii in a professional and positive manner.
• Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
• Interaction with employees, in a professional and courteous manner.
• Confidential and discreet in all aspects.
• Good time management skills.
• Flexibility with schedule to ensure that all financial accounting and reporting deadlines are met.
• Computer, copy machine, fax and telephone skills.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting, business, or finance
• CPA certification
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accounting/auditing function
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in Public Accounting preferred
• Experience managing an accounting department
• Experience in Great Plains (General Ledger) software
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no advance notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop as necessary.