3 months ago
The primary objective for this position is to provide support in functional areas of the Human Resources department with an emphasis on Benefits Administration. This position resides in the Shared Services entity supporting its multiple portfolio companies.
• Functions as a liaison between vendors and employees.
• Benefit Administration in HRIS system from enrolling employees, managing deductions and maintaining Employee Benefit Files.
• Works directly with all Management levels and HR Onsite Coordinators to assist with benefit administration.
• Assist in the administration of Flexible Spending/HSA Accounts and COBRA.
• Assist with Employee Benefit Orientations.
• Assist in company’s annual Open Enrollment Process.
• Maintain Benefit portal on Company’s intranet site, ensuring employees have access to latest benefit information.
• Reconciliation and payment of monthly carrier billing for benefit plans.
• Serve as a back-up for other benefit and HR administration duties.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
HR Administration (40%)
• Responsible for pre-employment process to include: background check and drug testing and communication with hiring manager regarding eligibility status and results.
• Collects new hire paperwork and tracks, to ensure that all required paperwork and acknowledgements are signed and accounted for.
• Ensure compliance of updated employee forms such as I-9’s and EEOC documents, and proof of identification for all employees.
• File maintenance of the Personnel files from start to finish. (New Hire to Termination)
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning recruitment and employment.
• Responsible for timely handling of verifications of employment
• Verifies and processes recurring monthly invoices such as drug test and back ground checks.
• Answers employee general inquiries/questions relating to general HR topics and forwards more complex inquiries to Regional HR representatives as needed.
• Communication of work progress and significant issues with the HR Administration Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (or other related area) preferred, but not required.
• 5 Years of Office Experience with 3 Years of Benefits Experience.
• Multi-state benefit experience preferred but not required.
• Organization skills are a must.
• Attention to detail required.
• Ability to Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate/present benefits programs to large groups of employees (as needed).
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff and employees.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Experience with HR database systems (HRIS) and Payroll Systems (ie - ADP, Ceridian, Exponent HR, etc) is desired.
• Possess high level of maturity and treatment of confidential matters.
• Must be open to occasional overtime as needed or required.