5 months ago
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for all IT Systems. This role manages both Physical and Virtual, purchased applications running on those servers and the data contained on both servers and within the applications. This role is responsible for defining, maintaining, testing, and executing business continuity and disaster response plans for servers and data supporting business or regulatory requirements. Defining may include implementation of new systems, upgrading of existing systems to newer versions, and potentially replacing existing systems with new or different technologies. One of the key success factors for this position is in planning. Planning plays a critical role in change management approvals to ensure that changes to existing systems follow Systems policies and procedures and that the business users are minimally impacted. This position resides in the Shared Services entity supporting its multiple portfolio companies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Clearly define policies, standards, and procedures for creating, planning, and managing Systems for the enterprise.
• Manage existing vendor relationships for augmenting the IT Systems team as needed.
• Work with IT management to identify and establish new vendor relationships that might be required
• Manage IT system staff. Identify and assign tasks needed to accomplish set goals
• Monitor, manage and communication to IT Management the IT Systems health, project status and future needs
• Collaborate and provide clear communication with SMEs in Security, Network Support, Application Development, Project Delivery, Helpdesk, Corporate Teams, Regional Teams, and Operations.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts.
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• MCSE Required
• AS400 and Linux familiarity
• Avaya and Cisco Network familiarity is important
• PC Skills
• Effective written and verbal communication with peers and managment
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position requires overtime and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.