4 months ago
The SOX Manager is responsible for planning and executing audit assignments in an efficient, timely, and professional manner. General audits include regulatory (SOX) and internal (COSO) portions, and target audits include business applications. In these areas, the SOX Manager will support the Chief Accounting Officer in SOX compliance related to the various operating companies within the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Ability to work with Accounting, Finance, IT and Operational components of the organization.
• Drives successful completion of the company’s financial and IT SOX program.
• Manages and performs annual SOX scope and control rationalization efforts to ensure systems are appropriately included/excluded within the SOX compliance program.
• Works directly with process owners to assist in completion of controls.
• Monitors organizational changes and potential impacts this may have on internal controls.
• Works to redesign process or controls to maximize efficiencies and adequately address risks.
• Coordinates data requests from internal and external auditors and distributes to relevant stakeholders.
• Communicates effectively with stakeholders and team members.
• Coordinates receipt of audit requests, reviews for completeness, and delivers to audit teams.
• Assists internal and external auditors with any follow-up questions.
• Understands the true root cause of any control exceptions identified and facilitates development and execution of remediation plan.
• Coordinates process and system walkthrough meetings to review processes and controls.
• Oversees the execution of IT controls and understands the risks associated to provide an assessment of internal control processes.
• Promotes efficiency and encourages problem solving.
• Collaborates with other members of IT to develop audit timelines and planning documents.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex information system controls.
• Displays professionalism and willingness to learn.
• Understands Segregation of Duties baselines
• Recognizes relevant internal control risk from basic analysis and identify potential non-compliance to standards.
• Understands internal control risks, potential exceptions, and impact of exceptions
• Ability to assist in tracking KPIs on a quarterly basis and define action plans for continuous improvement.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree with major in business, accounting, or finance
• CPA, CA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, or CGEIT certification
• SAP experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an auditing function
• Knowledge of a broad base of enterprise-scale IT applications/systems configuration and architecture, implementation, maintenance, upgrade, & support. Focus and desire on learning various Information Technology skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills, with strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Satisfactory completion of criminal background check, meeting requirements set forth by the company as well as TSA (as required by location).
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, depending upon audit delivery timelines.
Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no advance notice. Able and willing to travel up to 33%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop as necessary.