5 months ago
The Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant will be responsible for processing customer invoices, cash application and deposits related to the Accounts Receivable function.
This position will be part of a team responsible for the centralized processing of all accounts receivable and revenue recognition activities for multiple operating companies (OpCos) of a holding company whose stock is publicly-traded. As part of the accounting shared services group, this position may be required to learn and operate multiple “customer” applications in the performance of duties. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager – AR.
* Prepare monthly invoices
* Prepare manual invoices as required
* Process daily cash deposits through lock box accounts
* Process daily credit card batches
* Run AR reports as needed
* Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager - AR
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work closely with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
* Ability to work independently and in a team
* Ability to represent all MIC operating companies in a professional and positive manner.
* Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
* Ability to interact with customers, service providers, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* At least three years’ experience in an accounting department
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel required
* Minimum of 18 years of age
* Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Able to multi-task
* Effective in General Ledger software, (Great Plains preferred), and office software (reports program, Word, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
* Ability to learn and adapt in a growing and changing environment
* Computer, copy machine, fax and telephone skills.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no advance notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop as necessary.