3 months ago
Boeing Space and Missile Systems has an exciting opportunity for a senior level (level D) Facilities Plant Maintenance Specialist to support research and development efforts for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico.
Primary job duties:
• All aspects of industrial electrical systems to include sizing and installation of switchgear, electrical panels and wiring installations.
• Installation, maintenance and repair of facilities equipment such as power generators, Un-interruptible Power Supplies (UPS's), HVAC and related equipment.
• Troubleshooting electrical and electronic problems related to HVAC, compressors, power generators, water boilers, ice harvesters, vehicles,
• Responding to trouble calls and resolve complex problems.
• Complying with safety, security and environmental codes and regulations.
• Working as part of team maintaining all facilities and equipment needed to support ongoing research efforts.
• Leading other team members to accomplish large scale projects.
• Working requires up to 100% night work supporting research efforts as part of experimental crew. Night work rotates on a weekly basis.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Experience working with electrical codes, building mechanical codes and commercial construction interpreting highly complex drawings, schematics and equipment manuals.
• Experience working with electrical testing equipment such as power analyzers, grounding testers, UPS battery testers, etc.
• Experience with facility/plant repair and maintenance (plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.).
• Experience working with hand and power tools to construct, renovate and repair facilities and equipment.
• Must be able to work at heights up to 25 feet above ground level with appropriate safety gear.
• Experience operating forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and related equipment.
• Must have a current journeyman electrical license with the ability to obtain a New Mexico journeyman electrical license within 6 months of hire if licensed in a different state.
• This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Current master electrical license with the ability to obtain a New Mexico master electrical license within 12 months of hire if licensed in a different state.
• Prior shift work experience on a rotating basis.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award