3 months ago
To provide drafting, illustration and associated design change documentation services in direct support of aerospace Engineers, Technologists, and other personnel as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Under the guidance of a Senior Draftsperson, Technologist or Engineer the junior draftsperson will:
* Incorporate approved changes into the technical drawing package;
* Create detail drawings of parts and assemblies, including creation of parts lists and notes;
* Maintain the technical data package updates and Engineering Data Lists.
* Develop proficiency in the maintenance of drawing hierarchy and conformance to international, DoD and DND drawing specifications
* Create RESs and MEO’s against applicable drawing packages
* Learn and comply with OEM (Lockheed, Leonardo, Sikorsky, etc) standard drawing practices.
* Learn and comply with IMP Aerospace Standard Plant Procedures.
* Learn and comply with IMP Aerospace computer based program management and recordkeeping tools.
* Learn and comply with DND CFTOs (Canadian Forces Technical Orders)
* Develop and graphically represent modification & repair schemes in standard format
* Diploma in mechanical drafting from a recognized institution or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 0-3 years’ experience in drafting desirable, preferably in an Aerospace Engineering environment.
* Previous exposure to computer aided drafting is required. (IMP uses AutoCad and CATIA.)
* Knowledge of commercial or military aerospace drawing systems and methods is an asset.
* Precise mind, organized, attention to detail, ability to work effectively with people of various disciplines.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.