about 1 year ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Program / Customer Relations - Sales & Marketing
Key Account Manager - Sales & Marketing
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Safran is looking for a Key Account Manager to join our Twinsburg, OH Sales & Marketing team. This role will be responsible to drive profitable sales expansion with a focus on acquiring new client accounts while growing existing clients. They will be responsible for evaluating market trends, competition positioning, developing and presenting sales proposals to clients, and working closely with programs & engineering to deliver on these targets.
The position is predominantly based in Twinsburg, OH but national and international travel may be required.
• Capture market information on Customer/market needs and competition
• Contribution to R&T/innovation product roadmaps and to the development of competitive/differentiated MEA (More Electronic Aircraft) offers and new services/new businesses
• Build and implement target business development capture plans (Customer /segments/products)
• Support development of R&T programs with Customers
• Lead new program bid team up to S3 as per prompt
• Regular reporting
• Safran representation at trade shows
Contract and Sales Management
• Manage all commercial and contractual issues with the Customer including negotiation strategy and implementation
• Ensure compliance to the Mid-Term Plan budgets (non-recurring costs recoveries, volume of sales, price updates, cash-flow through accounts receivable collection)
• Coordinate the sales administration activities, ensuring that the booking plan is in line with the sales plan and providing accurate and timely demand forecast
• Ensure compliance of the terms and conditions executed with Customers
• Ensure the tracking of Account receivables and Customer payments in due time in conjunction with Finance and Sales Administration departments
• Manage the quotation process in case of changes (requirements analysis, cost estimation, business plans, validation review, negotiation strategy validation)
• Negotiate commercial and contractual aspects with Customers (in conjunction with other directions – programs, legal, finance, …)
• Get market/customer intelligence and capture information
• Support the Business Development Manager for responses to RFI/RFQ for new businesses at his customers
• Support the Program Managers in finding innovative ways of increasing profitability
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally - 30%
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business with a minimum of seven years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities and international business skills.
• Successful experience in managing sales through distribution network and in the Aerospace business
• Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques, contractual negotiations and financial principles.
• Excellent leadership, influencing, teamwork and communication skills
• Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Strong conflict management skills
• Enthusiastic, with a drive for results
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in office IT suite (excel, word and PowerPoint).
• Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment
• Experience working within a matrix structure
• Background and/or experience with Electrical systems
• Strong verbal and written skills, additional French language would be a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP environment.
North America, United States, Ohio
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years