4 months ago
Kitting Coordinator - OE Material
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56992BR Date posted 11/21/City Fort Worth
Our Landing Systems Business Unit designs, tests and manufactures a wide range of fully integrated landing systems. As part of Landing Systems, our Landing Gear business is one of the largest suppliers of integrated landing gear systems in the world and has built its reputation on performance and innovation. The company provides landing gear for a wide range of commercial, regional, military and business aircraft applications, outfitting aircraft from most of the world’s major air-framers.
We are looking for an experienced Kitting Coordinator to perform material kitting responsibilities to support the Operations Build Plan. The Kitting Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that material is kitted in a timely manner to ensure seamless flow of material to Operations while adhering to Landing Systems Standard Work.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Pulling Operations material for kitting and inspecting material for conformity and serial number verification
* Additional verification that all paperwork is accurate and provides traceability to the material
* Timely parts replacements for Operations to include SAP transactions to issue / un-issuing material from shop orders, as required
* Distribute and convey paperwork, materials and parts to and from storage and work sites to designated areas, as required
* Operate equipment using pallet jack, forklift, hand truck and other equipment to transport materials or equipment in work area
* Participate in inventory cycle counts per Cycle Count schedule and / or on demand cycle counts
* Support departmental, site and Landing System in Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Assist Receiving, Shipping and / or Operations Kitting, as required
* Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the EHS policy and management system, the importance of conforming to EHS policies and procedures and consequences of failing to comply with EHS policies and procedures.
* Support achievement of ACE Gold activities, as required
* Execute all tasks associated with the site macro plan objectives and site business plan, as required
* Perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of skill and experience
* Minimum of two years Kitting Coordinator experience; Preference given to those with experience in Shipping and Receiving as well as Kitting
* Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical procedures, purchase specifications, and contractual terms and conditions
* Must be able to be certified to drive light duty trucks, operate pallet jacks and forklifts, and hand trucks. Preference given to those with forklift, pallet jack, and hazardous materials (HAZMAT) certification
* Experience with ERP transactional skills for Warehousing; Preference given to those with SAP experience
* Excel and word computer skills required
* Demonstrated computer skills using web based applications
* Can work independently with little supervision
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs in a safe and ergonomic manner
Education: High school diploma or GED required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.