3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE, We are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lafayette Assembly & Test Technician will perform diverse and complex assignments (including physical and environmental tasks required to perform job)
summarized below. Your assignments may include, but are not limited to, the assembly of jet engines and the components thereof in support of GE Aviation.
In addition you will :
* Assemble jet engines, including performing various machining and repair operations, using hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures
* Coach, guide and train other team members and function in a team-based environment
* Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications and other company / customer specifications
* Set-up, operate, adjust and troubleshoot all tools and equipment used in the assembly processes
* Perform inspections required to assure that the quality plan is achieved
* High School Diploma / GED
* FAA Powerplant License OR current program enrollment to obtain Powerplant certification, OR equivalent military experience performing aircraft maintenance & eligible to pursue powerplant certification
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours / shifts as required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to learn new tasks and become multi-skilled
* Ability to teach and coach others
* Ability to make and accept responsibility for decisions
* Willingness to work in multiple roles with varied responsibilities
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Indiana; Lafayette
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.