5 months ago
Job Code :
Aircraft Technologies Inc.
Hollywood FL US 33021
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best.
ATI is currently recruiting a Lathe Machine Operator. In this position, the Lathe Machine Operator may be required to work from engineering drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, sample or operation sheets, to produce a part that conforms to all requirements by performing machine setup work to control critical tolerances or where dimensions are not difficult to maintain frequently involving the improvisation of machines and tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
* Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
* Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
* Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
* Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
* Stop machines to remove finished workpieces, or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
* Lift workpieces to machines manually, or with hoists or cranes.
* Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
* Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of cuts.
* Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
* Move material, tools, fixtures and equipment as required.
Job Requirements :
Position requires knowledge of current machining techniques, mechanical principles, advanced shop mathematics, simple algebra, precision measuring procedures, setups, tooling applications, operating methods, machine ability of materials and manufacturing database. Such knowledge and skills may be acquired through one (1) year of post high school or vocational training supplemented by one (1) to two (2) years of applicable machine shop experience, which may include pertinent post high school vocational courses. FAA repair station machining engine components.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to meet certain certification in the field
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES
* Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer. Must be able to use a keyboard and a mouse. Must be able to print documents
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to use basic shop math.
* Reasoning abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
* Special Skills and Abilities: Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* Typical machines and equipment involved: Engine lathe, screw machines, turret lathe, vertical mills, horizontal mills, drill presses, CNC vertical and horizontal mills, sanders, and similar machines.
* Willing to learn
* Ability to read and understand blueprints
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Must be able to work in a first or second shift and weekends as required.
Must be able to work overtime as required.
Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours per day.
Must be able to work in a peaceful and team enviroment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and sometimes excessive. Examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment.
HEICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all job applications without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, Veteran status, Disability, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.